Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Scavenger Hunt

It's time for the 2012 Scavenger Hunt!

Start Date: January 1st 2012
End Date: December 31st 2012

How It Works: 
Check the list to see what requirement the book has for the current month, read it during the applicable month only, and rate/review the book on Goodreads! :)

Rules:
~ Anyone group member can participate, the more the merrier! :)
~ You must read at least 1 book per month for at least 10 of the 12 months to be entered for the end of year prize drawing!
~ Only books you read during the month the book is meant for can count. (No adding onto your January books in April, etc.)
~ Re-reads are allowed, as long as you actually re-read them during the proper month.

Am I Eligible To Win a Prize?:
~ Each book you read for this challenge will count as one entry into the prize drawing. To be able to earn entries you have to read at least 1 book during 10 of the 12 months this year. If you do the bare minimum you will get 10 contest entries. You can read as many as you like during each month - keep a list on this thread and make sure you rate/review each book to make your extra entries count! :) 
~ If for whatever reason you'd like to take part in the challenge but don't wish to be entered to win the prize, just let me know before the end of the challenge.

Here are the books you will be hunting down in 2012!!

January – Book must have a character's name in title.
February – Book must have a type of flower in the title.
March – Book must have be published in 2000 or later.
April – Book must be a biography, or auto-biography.
May – Book must have been written by an author from a different country than your own.
June – Book must include some type of love story.
July – Book must have been made into a TV show or movie.
August – Book must have a one word title.
September – Book must be part of a series.
October – Book must have a paranormal aspect to it (zombies, vampires, aliens, etc).
November – Book must be non-fiction.
December – Bookworm's Choice! Read and rate/review any 5 books you like*! They don't have to have anything in common, but you must read all 5 this month for it to count. :) 
*1 bonus entry per book in December if the book you read is on the moderator's Favorite's shelf! ;)

If you have any questions please post them on this thread! (Or the 2011 thread if this one hasn't started yet!)

Game on! :-D 


My Progress!
January~ 1. Zahrah the Windseeker by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu
                     2. The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives by Lola Shoneyin
February~ 1. Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim
March~  1.  All's Fair In Vanitie's War by Elizabeth Marx

6 comments:

  1. Hi. That is a lot of challenges you are taking part in. I am impressed. I have 2 questions I hope you will answer for me.
    What is the link to this Scavenger Hunt Challenge?
    And a bit unrelated. How do you get the NaNoWriMo word count meter to say books instead of words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks. I hope to complete at least some. :) I think it was kind of a "I got caught up in the moment" thing. I meant to sign up for no more than 5...then 10...then 25 was it...then I got up to my 34 somehow. LOL! The good news is that some of them allow the use of challenge cross over books (so I can read one book and it counts towards multiple challenge goals). I am still trying to get my game plan down on how to tackle and succeed. ;) My 10 year old son and my hubby just laugh at me and shake their heads. But as my son says, "Mom, you are book crazy. But don't worry we still love you". :)

    The link to this scavenger hunt post on goodreads is: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/728050-scavenger-hunt-2012 However, she still has not made it completely activated (you can't comment on it yet). She should have it up by end of month is the gist I get.

    Also, to get it to read books instead of words: when you copy and paste the code you just change the word, words to books right before the percent done. Then when you save it, it says books instead of words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I will keep checking up on Scavenger Hunt.
    As for the word/book meter it was embarrassingly easy but I have never looked at htlm codes before. Now there will be no stopping me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Don't worry, I thought the same thing. To make it even worse, my son goes "Mom can't you just change words in the codes somehow to make it do what you want?" LOL, but his Dad is a computer programmer so I guess he has heard him chat about work before. LOL!

    Happy Blogging and reading! :) Good luck on your challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela.
    Yes it is me again. LOL.
    I am missing a picture to use with my post about the Scavenger Hunt, may I use yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again! :) Nice to see a familiar face. lol.
      Yup, you can use mine, not a problem. :) I really hope the post opens soon, or it will be past Jan and still no post. I may post my links for my 2 reviews for Jan on the 2011 hunt posting if it's not up by end of Jan. Just so she knows, if she opens the 2012 one, that I did do them. I really want to do it, so I hope she hasn't changed her mind about doing it.

      Delete