Since Stephen King has such a huge list of books, we decided to make this a perpetual challenge. I know, I know...you're thinking "perpetual? I never get motivated to complete perpetual challenges." Well, don't worry. We are going to have mini-challenges throughout the year with prizes and we will also have read-a-longs during the year as well. Kate had the idea for our first read-a-long...to read Carrie during prom season. Clever, right?! As far as the mini-challenges go, the first one will begin at the official start of this challenge, which is February 1, 2012, and the prize will be a brand new hard cover copy of Stephen King's newest novel, 11/22/63! The mini-challenge schedule will work as follows:
Feb | March | April -- mini-challenge
May | June | July -- mini-challenge
Aug | Sept | Oct -- mini-challenge
Nov | Dec -- free months
*November and December are free/non-mini-challenge months due to most of us being so busy during the holiday season.
The first mini-challenge will be to read books within certain themes. You will choose three themes and read three books that will fit each of the themes during the three month mini-challenge period. If you complete the three themed reads, you will be entered in the giveaway for the book, 11/22/63. A bonus entry will be given to any person who reads a fourth book that fits within the fourth left over theme.
I know, I know....you are all thinking...WHAT another challenge. BUT I just LOVE King and all his work, so what better way to read his books again or for the first time?! I really have only read a select few of his books, I have more so watched the movies based on his books. So....this is a perfect way for me to read the books of the much loved movies I have seen so many times. :)
I will keep track below what books I have accomplished!
Glad you're joining us for the challenge! Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, wanted to stop by about the read-a-thon this week. If you're still joining me, please be sure to sign in at the starting line when you start reading. The post will be up at midnight tonight (Monday, 1/23 at 12:00am CST U.S. time). Hope you're still with us. =O)
Oh I wouldn't miss it! I just linked up my linky to your starting line. SO excited!!! I have more books than time to read them. LOL. :-)
Delete