Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter's Respite Mini Mini Challenge

  • Take your current read and pick one sentence from three of the following pages:  page 1, page 77, page 179, page 255, page 360, or one from the 5th page from the end (I picked a diverse number for books of varying lengths).  
  • Take the three sentences and make them into a short paragraph.  If it makes sense as is, fine.  If not, you can add your own words or sentences to make it romantic, funny, scary...whatever.  
  • Be sure to bold and/or italicize theoriginal text from the book or, if you leave it in the comments, put quotes around the original text.  
I am currently reading “Fated” by S. G. Browne
I used quotes from pages 1, 179, and 255.


There are rules when you are Fate.  “Rule #1:  Don’t get involved”.  It’s hard to abide by this rule when you see a human going on a bad path.  “If I don’t do anything, Cliff is going to spend the rest of his life unfulfilled by his work, earning money for the sake of earning money; and failing to discover his optimal path.”  So the question becomes, what can go wrong if Fate does get involved?   Fate learns that he has messed up many things lately, but “When you’ve recently discovered that your good intentions have caused the inadvertent deaths of more than half a dozen humans, you’re not really thinking clearly.” 

2 comments: