Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Book Review: Adventures in Parenting

Image taken by me.  :)

Title:  Adventures In Parenting
Author:  Alan Guttmacher
Pages:  62
Publication Date:  2001
Version:  Paperback (got free from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Genre:  Non-Fiction

My Review:
This book was a nice read, but it really didn’t do anything except put into writing what common sense should tell you as a parent.  I guess we all need books like that, but it made it not as interesting as I had hoped it would be.  I knew a lot of the information in this short non-fiction book I may know, being a parent for 10 years now, but I thought it may have some things I didn’t know too.  I was kind of disappointed while reading to learn that all the main points in this book were things I knew or should be common sense to any human being.  Such as “do as you say your child should do”, well don’t we all know that already?  It also goes into how a parent should spend time with their child/children no matter how much or little you have.  It also tells how you are a mentor as a parent and to remember that in how you act/live in your child’s eyes.  Then the book tells about how you respond to your child effects how the child sees you and such.  This short book was ok for what it was, a type of informational “packet” so to speak.  I, personally, just found it to be common sense from start to finish.  I did find the little example stories at the end of the book neat though.  I liked the real life stories of how to parent certain age children in certain situations.

3/5 stars

This book counts toward my 1,000,000 Pages Read challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment