Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Theme Thursdays! Feb 9th

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one thursday to the next.  It is hosted by Reading Between the Pages.  Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday's)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don't necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have "They kissed so gently" or "Their lips touched each other" or "The smooch was so passionate"
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.
his week's theme is very related to the ear - any action that you do with your ear.

HEAR
listen, anything else you can come up with the ear's actions :) etc


Away we go, here is my snippet, which I LOVE:   ;-)
"'Hi.  We're sleeping together.'  I heard it come out of my mouth in a detached sort of way, only mildly noticing Spade mutter something about this not being a wise idea and that both of Bones's eyebrows shot into his hairline."  (page 236  Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost)

4 comments:

  1. This is definitely not a wise idea :) Smart snippet and am sure everyone will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I couldn't help but laugh when I read this line. Then I noticed it fit here and HAD to use it. :) thanks for reading it!

      Delete
  2. Great line..still chuckling about it. Mine is from my own autobiography.

    Link...http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/theme-thursdays-is-fun-weekly-event.html

    Following your blog.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete