Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book Review: Halfway To The Grave

Image from goodreads.com

Title:  Halfway To The Grave
Author:  Jeaniene Frost
Pages:  358
Publication Date:  2007
Version:  Paperback
Genre:  Paranormal Romance

Summary Via Goodreads.com:
"Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually "good" vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat."

My Review:
What can I say about a book that is about a vampire, half vampire, humans, and murder except….AMAZING!!!  Cat is an unique “human” in fact she isn’t fully human.  See, Cat’s Mom was raped by a vampire and that is how Cat came into existence.  Therefore, Cat is half human, half Vampire.  Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the question of what nationality are you.  Cat’s Mom hates vampires, for obvious reasons, and Cat takes to killing them to try and rid the world of them so they can’t harm any other human like they did her Mom.  That is a great theory, until she meets Bones, a full vampire.  She tries killing him but fails and that ends up being a good thing.  Why you may ask?  Cat finds out the Bones also kills vampires, the bad ones, aka the ones that kill people and don’t just drink from them.  So when Bones says he will train Cat to be more effective on killing and she can help him, even though leery to trust him, she goes with it.  Together they kill vampires.  What Cat never expects is to start having feelings for this vampire she is helping.  What would her Mother say?  Cat and Bones are after a “ring leader” of vampires in this book and work hard and together to find him and stop him.

I absolutely loved this book!  I will definitely be reading the next book in the Night Huntress Novel Series that’s for sure.  Jeaniene (the author) did a great job with keeping the book moving right along.  There was not a single point that I thought, come on move on already.  She wrote in such a way that made me eager to turn the page and read on.  There was action, suspense, murder, and love/romance all wrapped up in one wonderful 358 page package.  I was drawn to Cat as a character and took a great interest in her relationship with Bones.  I also was drawn to the irony of Cat starting to fall for the very thing that her Mother hated and she was killing.  Not everything can be rainbows when you are a half vampire working with a vampire killing other vampires though.  Cat and Bones have many situations arise and many things to deal with along the way of trying to find the head vampire that is killing people.  I can’t say enough how much I loved the writing style of Jeaniene Frost.  She knew how to make mystery and murder slide into romance with only a few words.  The plot of this book is great and the whole situation is just so crazy you can’t help but get drawn into it.

Must read, but beware, once you start you will be hooked on the series!   4 out of 5 stars!  

This book counts toward my following challenges:  100 Books Read, 1,000,000 Pages Read, Cupcake Wars Challenge, Romantic Suspense Challenge, and Mix It Up Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the very kind words! :-) I went to both of your blogs and became a follower of them. So far I think my favorite is Fate or Daylight Savings. I have read a few, but that was my favorite. I like the book review blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete