While I was away at my family function I was given the Kreativ Blogger Award! What a fun and nice surprise to come home to right?! I was given this award by Susi over at http://bocafrau.com. So I give her a HUGE THANK YOU!!!! I would go even bigger, because that is how much I appreciate the fact that you thought of me and my blog, but I couldn't possibly fit it on the screen. :-)
So, here's the "skinny" aka....boring old rules (everything comes with rules you know):
1. Thank & link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Answer the form questions below.
3. Share ten random facts / thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate (at least) 7 other blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
NOW, to the fun part of getting an award.....the answering and sharing of info about me. ;)
(***All images I used in this post came from a search on google***)
Favorite Song “Someone Like You" by Adele has to be my favorite song right now. I just LOVE it and my best friend even was so kind as to get me the CD it's on for Christmas. What a wonderful bestie right? :-)
Favorite Dessert Hhhhmmmmmm.......Now who would have thought this would be so hard? I like many desserts...ah, many many desserts. LOL. If I really was to pick a favorite one though it would have to be my Mom's homemade pumpkin pie. I don't know what she does, but her pumpkin pie is just TOO AMAZING!!!
What ticks me off Well now, where to start. LOL. Actually the thing that gets me the MOST riled up has to be people who think that kids should have NO say in anything until they are 18 or older. *cough cough* yes, sorry there is a bitter story here *cough* ex and father of my son, but I digress.
When I’m upset, I… am NOT afraid to tell you why I am upset. There is never any wonder in my home if I am upset, what I am upset about. The ONLY time I stuff the anger inside for a later moment is if it concerns my ex and our son is around. I then smile and continue on...until I am away from my son....then all the craziness escapes. LOL! My husband tells me I am "quite vocal" about things that upset me. ;-)
Favorite pet(s) I don't have pets...I have furkids. LOL. My favorite are CATS, as you may notice if you know me or about me. Being that we have 7 of them.
Black or White BLACK! I have always loved black, my first truck was black, my bookshelves are black, my TV and stand are black. I just like the look of it....however....it does stink as far as dust goes. Personally, I think dust wanders around in the house just waiting to spot a black piece of furniture that it can land. I think dust is also partial to Black instead of White. :-)
Biggest Fear My biggest fear is my son dying before me. I don't think anything could be worse than that. I know it won't be easy for him to lose me either, but burying a child has got to be the hardest thing in the world. I am thankful every day that I have my son. When he hurts so do I, when he is happy so am I, but I guess that's being a parent right?
Everyday attitude Every day that everyone I love and care about is safe is precious. You have to live life thankful and not wanting. So every day I am thankful and eager to see what adventures happen that day.
What is perfection? Perfection is doing something or going anywhere with my son and having him look at me at the end of the day and say, "Mom, I love you". Perfection is that bear hug my son gives me no matter how old he gets or who is around. :-)
My guilty pleasures Enjoying chocolate! :-) Also enjoying a nice glass of wine or even a beer sometimes.
So, "random" things/thoughts about myself to me means, the first ten things that pop into my head when typing. SO, this should be interesting because my mind tends to make leaps from one thing to another so fast even I don't know what happened sometimes. LOL. Away we go....
1. My favorite color is red. Not sure if it's because I truly love the color red or if it is because when I was growing up I had a cousin who meant the world to me and I idolized all the time whose favorite color was red. I only remember ever saying when asked that my favorite color is red. When she died someone asked me if I would change my favorite color now, but I said nope, I was always partial to red.
2. Black cats scare me. AND yes, I do have one...still (had one as a kid too). Guess I like having my fears close huh? It's not that they have ever done anything to me, just that when I was a kid any bad dreams I had always had black cats in. And you gotta admit, they are a little spooky looking in the dark......those green glaring eyes and not being able to see anything else. CREEPY! LOL, love you anyway though Romeo!
3. I have always wondered....If a smurf holds its breath, what color will it turn? Does it just get a Navy blue instead of light blue? Or does it turn a whole new color, like purple or brite yellow? Yeah, welcome to my husbands world, thoughts like this pop in my head and out all the time around here. :-)
4. When I read a book I like to really get into it. I love to pick a character that is my favorite and pretend I am them and am in the book. Maybe that's why I like Mysteries best, I always wanted to be a CSI. :-)
5. I live in the same house I did when I was a kid and have never moved in my whole 29 years of life. My parents moved into my Grandma's house when she died, and I got their house to live in with my little family. Little side tid-bit here...my house is not very big at all, it was originally constructed to be a garage to my Grandma's house, but she turned it into a house instead to rent out. (which she did to my parents until they bought it from her) :-)
8. My Mom was a stay at home Mom when I was growing up. I loved it. The only time she did go out to get a job (when I was a kid), she worked at my school library as the librarian. That way she had same schedule as I did. She also did crafts with my Grandma and went to all kinds of craft shows to sell it. She now does crafts and sells them on Etsy in two shops. You can find links to her shops in my sidebar. :-)
9. My Dad has been working at the same place for 29 years! He started shortly after I was born there. He works Line Service (fuels airplanes, moves them, de-ices them, and such) at Gulfstream Aerospace. When he started though, it was KC Aviation.
10. My favorite thing to do before bed is watch a movie with my son. After we watch our movie together and he goes to bed, then I curl up in bed with my book and read before I go to bed. It helps bring a wonderful close to the day.
7 people I pick for the award now:
If you have already done this, you don't have to do it again or if you don't want to continue the award going, it's ok. I picked you because I thought you deserved it! :-)
5. Claire Reads
6. Book Whales
























CONGRATULATIONS! You are so very deserving!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog & adore you. It is fun to read about you, as well as your blog posts. I am so glad we have connected. You are special.
I am honoured to accept this award from you, as well as the Lovely Blog. If & when there is a Special Blog Friend award, you are getting it from me!
~HUGS~
Thank you SO much!!! :-) You deserve a Bestest Blog Friend award too! ;)
DeleteHUGS!!
Thank you so much for the award, Angie! It made my day!! I'll keep it going!
ReplyDelete~ Vivian
You are very welcome! :-)
DeleteWoah! Thank you for the award. I love your pictures and those cute cats!! :D We are hosting an international giveaway from a YA author :D Check it out: http://www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/02/whale-unveil-black-city-by-elizabeth.html
Delete